Dr. Dennis Neder: Meeting That Special Someone
You've met many people in your life. How many of them have been your ideal mate? Probably very few. You may have dated someone very attractive, only to find that they don't seem so wonderful after you get to know them. If you're going to find Mr. or Ms. Right, you're probably going to have to go through a number of people - possibly a large number!
Here are some ideas on how to increase your contacts and find your partner:
#1: Decide what you want in a partner. Most people spend more time planning their vacations than they spend planning their lives!
#2: Be open and aware of people around you where ever you go. You never know when you might meet someone that fits your profile. Also, be prepared to say "hello".
#3: Don't discount any particular method of meeting other singles. Chat rooms, personal ads, singles organizations, classes, etc., are all good ways. You're going to need a large number of contacts to find the few that fit your goals.
#4: When you go out, dress! This doesn't mean that you always need to dress like you're going clubbing - just dress decently. Don't go to the store in sweats with your hair in curlers, and don't go to the bookstore in ratty shorts and a t-shirt with holes.
#5: Practice saying "hello" - to everyone. When you're on an elevator, or passing someone in the street. First, make eye contact and smile, and then say "hello". This is great practice for when it will be needed.
#6: Let your friends and family know that you're looking to meet someone. They may know someone from work or socially whom they think would work well as a match. Don't be too picky - you'd be surprised how well your friends know you!
#7: Get a hobby! By having other things you're interested in, you become a more interesting person. As well, you'll find many organizations that provide information on those hobbies and might meet something through them.
#8: Be open - many people unconscientiously close themselves off to others by averting their eyes, crossing their arms, and turning themselves away. Be aware of your body's posture and use it to tell others that you're approachable.
Finally, always protect yourself. Remember that the person you meet on-line or in a supermarket may or may not be the person you first think they are! Be open to new people, but don't give people your home address until after you get to know them.
Got a love, relationship or man/woman question? I answer all letters. You can write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org for answers. For more information about my book, "Being a Man in a Woman's World", visit: www.remingtonpublications.com
Copyright © 2001, Dr. Dennis W. Neder
- More Dr. Neder Advice
- Dealing With Rejection
- A Dearth Of Dates
- I Don’t Trust Myself!
- Are Nice Guys a Dying Breed?
- How Can I Get Him to Never Leave Me?
- Confusing Girl-Games
- All About Lying
- The Loaded Weapon
- The Magic Of The Approach
- Who Can Have A Support Network?
- Is Needing Someone Unhealthy?
- My Boyfriend is a Loser!
- The Cowardice of Taking Breaks
- Approach Women Without Nervousness
- The Problem: Inertia
- Dating The Older Woman
- Breaking Up
- The Art Of Selling
- The Test
- Meeting That Special Someone
- First Date Checklist
- First Contact In An Email Relationship
- The Sexless, Passionless Lifestyle
- The Big O
- Communication and “Sexual Conversion” Part 1
- The Perils of Internet Dating
- Are Women Sluts?
- The Secret To Getting Men to Commit
- The Independent Woman - A Recipe For Disaster
- I Can't Get Him To Leave!
- Dating While Still Being In A Relationship
- Am I Sabotaging My Relationship?
- Dating Interracially
- Does My Girlfriend Love Me?
- My Boyfriend Doesn't Like My Father
- The Mathematics of Moving In Together
- Sex Only Relationships
- Too Shy To Try
- How Women Can Approach Men
- The Guy That Wants To Get Married
- Learn to Kiss, Damn it!
- Just How Does A Guy Meet A Girl, Anyway?
- Do You Think She Likes Me?
- You Better Know How to Handle "The Test"!
- Do Men Respect Women?
- Game-Playing Girlfriend
- Should I Get Married?
- Should A Woman Ask A Guy Out?
- How To Get Back Into Dating
- Approaching The Girl
- Should I Contact Her Again?
- Asking A Guy Out
- Learning to Communicate
- Should I Give Up Relationships To Have a Career?
- The Cheating Girlfriend
- My Parents Don't Like My Partner!
- How To Handle The Check
- She's No Longer Interested?
- His Libido
- Falling For A (Somewhat) Older Man
- Faked Confidence Revisited
- A Woman's View of The Test
- Getting A Girl To Date Me
- The Date Canceller And Other Feminine Games
- How (and Who) Do Professional Women Date?
Popular Advice Ebooks
Visit our ebook page with many free ebooks. Browse and download. You can download:
PerfectMatch #1 Trusted Online Dating Site - The Best Approach to Finding the Right Person for You.