The Meeting Women Online Dating Guide DVD Series For Men
How you tell women about yourself is the biggest commitment to meeting and dating women you'll ever make!
Watch this discussion of online personalities here
(Video will open in a new window. Please be sure you have turned off any popup blockers)
Let's start this article with a question from a reader:
I was wondering if you could offer any wisdom on what you've gained from writing and responding to online personal ads. I'm not having a great deal of luck so far.
Specifically, my questions are:
1. How brief should your descriptions of yourself and/or your ideal catch be? I've heard it said that "brevity is the soul of wit", but you also want to be memorable, right?
2. When writing descriptions, should you stick with C&F? I've noticed that humor often doesn't translate well in written form, so I wasn't sure how to go about all that.
3. I think I read in a previous article that you recommend not posting a picture. At the same time, I tend to avoid ads without pictures due to having one too many blind dates which ended with me throwing a stick and shouting "fetch!" in order to distract her long enough to get away.
Don't you think that by committing a picture on your ad, women might
pass you up for the same reason? Or am I mistaken? An apprentice,
David D: MY COMMENTS
You've asked some questions that really require more of an in-depth
treatment... but here are a few pointers that have taken me YEARS to
1) You'll get more responses in general by replying to personal ads placed by women than you will by placing your own ad (Unless you're a master of writing personal ads).
2) If you're going to use the personals, look at the new ads that are placed daily, and respond as soon as a woman places her ad. Attractive women typically get 50-100 responses per DAY to personal ads, and it's very easy to get overwhelmed. You'll notice that a lot of women take their ads down after just a few days... this is why.
3) Be charming and funny (also known as COCKY and funny) in your replies (or in your ad, if you write your own). Say things like "I was looking through all these ads here on the internet thinking to myself "Look at all the poor, desperate, lonely women..." and then I saw your ad and thought to myself "Hey, here's a poor, desperate, lonely woman that's actually CUTE..." so I thought I'd write and see if you're as interesting on the inside as you are in this picture..."
4) I mentioned in one of recent newsletters that I got an email from a guy who had his picture taken with some dolphins... and that he's getting tons of responses from that. I've never done it myself, but it sounds like a great idea!
So to sum up: Be wide ranging in the personal ads that you'll reply too, but be sure that you're keeping track (or the dating service is doing that for you) so you can continue from the introduction letter you sent out.
And try to be the first guy to reply to the new ads, so check daily, or maybe a couple of times a day. It's the first few days that make online dating exciting for women when they've first started and are more likely to reply to your message that junk it.
Also: you do need to have something posted about yourself in your profile... keep the info light and humorous, that makes it interesting... as they say, you'll attract more bees to honey than vinegar!
And if you're not too sure about the absolute best way to approach women online, if you're worried that you'll screw up your posted profile so badly that a three-armed woman wouldn't reply to you and if you're scared as hell at sending that first email, well, you've arrived at the right place.
Click here and read the tips that are available... watch the videos too, you'll learn lots. As a free bonus you'll be subscribed to the men's Dating eSecrets newsletter, much more information that can be put in one place... weekly newsletters answering the tough dating questions for guys having no luck with women.
So Click here and I'll be talking to you in the next newsletter!
Good luck, your friend,
Preview "Meeting Women Online" here and read more about the Men's "Meeting Women Online" series.
(c) 2012 Robert Lee and Cheerful Attitude Web Design Ltd. and David DeAngelo Inc. All Rights Reserved. By accepting and reading this article you agree that: You understand this to be an opinion and not professional advice, it is only to be used for personal entertainment purposes, you are solely responsible for any use of the ideas, concepts, and content and will hold all harmless. Article may not be reprinted without express written consent of the authors.